2 Day Ephesus and Pergamon Tour From Istanbul by Plane
Day 1: Flight to Izmir, Full Day Ephesus Tour with overnight stay in Kusadasi
04:30 You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transferred to Istanbul airport.
05:00 Arrival at Istanbul Domestic airport for flight from Istanbul to Izmir
07:00 Flight from Istanbul to Izmir
07:55 Arrival at Izmir airport. Upon arrival you will be picked up at the Izmir airport and transferred to Selcuk. In Selcuk you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your Ephesus full day tour
You will first visit the Temple of Artemis which was once one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world. Next you will visit the world famous ancient Greco- Roman City of Ephesus, the most well preserved example in the world. After visiting this impressive site, you will have a break for lunch. After lunch you will visit the House of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days. This is a holy place for both Christians and Muslims. Afterwards you will visit the Isabey Mosque. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Kusadasi for check-in.
- Overnight in Kusadasi
- Included Meal(s): Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Full Day Pergamon Tour, Flight to Istanbul, End of Services
After breakfast, around 08:30 am you will be picked up from your hotel for Pergamon. You will visit the Acropolis which was once the cultural center of the Hellenistic Period. It had a very famous library, as big as the one in Alexandria. It also had a famous school of architecture, perfect government buildings and monuments, including the world famous Zeus Altar. It also played an important role during the beginning of Christianity in the Roman Period, and one of the Seven Churches of the Revelations is located here. After the Acropolis you will visit the Ascelepion, which was dedicated to the God of Good Health, “Asklepios”. This was an important medical center where people received medical treatments such as massages, mud baths, drinking of the sacred waters and the use of herbs and ointments. Diagnosis was often by dream analysis. At end of the tour you will be transferred to Izmir airport for your return flight to Istanbul. Upon arrival you will be picked up from the airport and transferred to your hotel in Istanbul. END OF SERVICES.
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
• Hotel pickup and drop off (on the European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port.
• Domestic flight tickets as per the itinerary
• 1 night in Kusadasi at a 4-star hotel including breakfast and dinner
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch, (D) dinner
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Local taxes and service charges
• Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
• Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
• This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
• Your return to Istanbul can be in the late evening and can be estimated between 7 – 10 pm. We will confirm this time based on the tickets bought after payment has been received.
WHEN TO BOOK?
• Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
• You can book up to 2 days before (Istanbul local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.