3-Day Cappadocia and Ephesus Tour from Istanbul (by Plane)
Day 1: Flight to Kayseri/Nevsehir, Full Day North Cappadocia Tour
You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul around 4:30 am and will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir between 6:00 – 7:30 am. Upon arrival at Kayseri or Nevsehir airport, you will be picked up and transferred to Cappadocia. In Cappadocia, you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your full day tour of North Cappadocia.
Your tour will start with a visit to the Devrent Valley to see the unique fairy chimneys. Next, you will visit the Pasabag Monk’s Valley to see the mushroom-shaped pinnacles. After this visit, you will drive to the city of Avanos. After lunch, you will visit the beautiful open-air museum of Goreme where the remains of rock-cut churches and Christian settlements date back hundreds of years. Finally towards the end of the day tour before returning to your hotel, you will be able to visit the natural castles of Uchisar. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Cappadocia for check-in. Overnight in Cappadocia. Meals included: Lunch.
Day 2: Full Day South Cappadocia Tour, Flight to Izmir
You may add an optional Hot Air Balloon Ride over picturesque Cappadocia to your tour at an extra cost of USD 175.00. With an early morning pick up around 5:00 am from your hotel you can join an early morning Hot Air Balloon ride for approximately 60 minutes. If interested, please request at the time of booking your tour with us and we can make all necessary arrangements on your behalf! Please note that unless you pay for the balloon ride you will not have access to the hot air balloon area which means that only if you have paid to join the hot air balloon ride you will be picked up from your hotel in the morning to go to the hot air balloon ride by the hot air balloon company. If not paid to join the hot air balloon ride, there will be no access to the area or shuttle service to take you to the hot air balloon area to take photos.
After breakfast at the hotel around 09:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full day tour of South Cappadocia. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. Your tour will begin with a visit to the Red Valley where you will be able to explore the famous rock-cut churches and hike approximately 5 km through the Rose Valley. Next, you will visit Çavuşin Village which is famous for its houses and churches of the Christian Clergymen. We will take a break for lunch around noon. After lunch, you will drive to the Pigeon Valley. In the afternoon you will visit the Kaymakli underground city where early Christians lived. This will be the end of your full day tour. After the tour, you will be transferred to Kayseri airport for your flight to Izmir through Istanbul. When you arrive in Izmir, you will find our employee holding your name for transfer to Kusadasi for overnight stay in Kusadasi hotel. Meals included: Breakfast and Lunch.
Day 3: Full Day Ephesus Tour, Flight to Istanbul
After breakfast at the hotel around 08:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full day tour of Ephesus. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. You will first visit the Temple of Artemis which was once one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world. Next, you will visit the world famous ancient Greco- Roman City of Ephesus, the most well-preserved example in the world. After visiting this impressive site, you will have a break for lunch. After lunch, you will visit the House of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days. This is a holy place for both Christians and Muslims. Afterwards, you will visit the Isabey Mosque. Next, you will be taken to the Sirince Village; which is an old Greek village and is well-know for its quaint beauty and wine tasting and production. Here you will have one hour free to explore on your own without a guide the different foods and wines of the area and visit various small traditional village shops. At end of the tour, you will be transferred to Izmir airport for your late evening return flight to Istanbul. Upon arrival, you will be picked up from the airport and transferred to your hotel in Istanbul. END OF SERVICES. (Meals included: Breakfast and Lunch.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
• Pick up and drop off to your hotel (on the European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port
• Domestic flight tickets as per the itinerary
• 1 night in Cappadocia at a cave hotel including breakfast
• 1 night in Kusadasi at a 4-star hotel including breakfast
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Car park, Gasoline, Highway & Bridge Fees
• Local taxes and service charges
• Hot Air Balloon Ride
• Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
• Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
• Travel insurance
• This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
• Vegetarian lunch option available upon request
• The hot air balloon ride operates in optimum weather conditions. The decision for the flight to take off on any given day is decided by the local government at the last minute depending on weather conditions to ensure passenger safety. If your paid and scheduled hot air balloon ride gets cancelled by the tour company at the last minute for weather conditions, we will provide you with a refund of USD 175.00 for the hot air balloon ride if you have it booked with us.
• The normal arrival time in Istanbul is between 8:00 – 9:00 pm. If you are planning on reserving your plane back home that same day, we recommend you book a plane ticket from 11:30 pm onwards, to avoid missing your flight.
WHEN TO BOOK?
• Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
• You can book up to 2 days before (Istanbul local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.