3-Day Tour to Cappadocia and Pamukkale from Istanbul
Day 1: Flight to Kayseri/Nevsehir, Full Day North Cappadocia Tour
You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul around 4:30 am and will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir between 6:00 – 7:30 am. Upon arrival at Kayseri or Nevsehir airport, you will be picked up and transferred to Cappadocia. In Cappadocia, you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your full day tour of North Cappadocia.
Your tour will start with a visit to the Devrent Valley to see the unique fairy chimneys. Next you will visit the Pasabag Monk’s Valley to see the mushroom-shaped pinnacles. After this visit, you will drive to the city of Avanos. After lunch you will visit the beautiful open-air museum of Goreme where the remains of rock-cut churches and Christian settlements date back hundreds of years. Finally towards the end of the day tour before returning to your hotel, you will be able to visit the natural castles of Uchisar. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Cappadocia for check-in.
- Overnight in Cappadocia
- Included meals: Lunch
Day 2: Full Day South Cappadocia Tour, Overnight Bus to Pamukkale
You may add an optional Hot Air Balloon Ride over picturesque Cappadocia to your tour at an extra cost of USD 175.00. With an early morning pick up around 5:00 am from your hotel you can join an early morning Hot Air Balloon ride for approximately 60 minutes. If interested, please request at the time of booking your tour with us and we can make all necessary arrangements on your behalf! Please note that unless you pay for the balloon ride you will not have access to the hot air balloon area which means that only if you have paid to join the hot air balloon ride you will be picked up from your hotel in the morning to go to the hot air balloon ride by the hot air balloon company. If not paid to join the hot air balloon ride, there will be no access to the area or shuttle service to take you to the hot air balloon area to take photos.
After breakfast at the hotel around 09:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full day tour of South Cappadocia. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. Your tour will begin with a visit to the Red Valley where you will be able to explore the famous rock-cut churches and hike approximately 5 km through the Güllüdere (Rose) Valley. Next you will visit Çavusin village which is famous for its houses and churches of the Christian Clergymen. We will take a break for lunch around noon. After lunch you will drive to the Pigeon Valley. In the afternoon you will visit the Kaymakli underground city where early Christians lived. This will be the end of your full day tour. After the tour you will travel overnight to Pamukkale in a non-smoking, fully air-conditioned local bus departing the bus station approximately 9:00 pm. The total duration of travel will be 10 hours. There will be three breaks on the way to Pamukkale for your personal needs.
- Overnight Bus to Pamukkale
- Included meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Day 3: Full Day Pamukkale Tour, Flight to Istanbul
Upon your arrival at the Pamukkale / Denizli main bus station between 05:30 – 06:00, you will be taken to a 2-star hotel in Pamukkale to freshen up and have breakfast before the start of the full day Pamukkale tour. There will be no stay in the hotel room. After freshen up and breakfast, you will meet the rest of the group in the hotel lobby to join the tour.
Around 09:30 you will be picked up from the hotel to begin your guided tour of the Pamukkale and Hierapolis area with a profession licensed tour guide. Around 10:00 you will visit the first destination of Karahayit to see the Red Spring Waters. After Karahayit we will drive to Pamukkale and begin the visit to the ancient city of Hierapolis around 10:30. The highlights of Hierapolis are Necropolis, Roman Baths, Domitian Gate, Latrina, Oil Factory, Frontinious Street, Agora, Byzantium Gate, Triton Fountain, Cathedral, Apollon Temple, Plutonium, Theater and Antique Pool. You will also be able to take some photos from the nicest corners of Pamukkale. Around 12:30 you will be given some free time for approximately 60 minutes to explore the natural beauties of Pamukkale. As an option, you may choose to swim in the Pamukkale Antique Pools (at own expense) during this free time. At 13:30 you will meet the guide and will get a chance to walk in the middle of the Pamukkale travertines (Cotton Castle) from top to down without shoes and socks. At 14:30 you will be taken for lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch at approximately 15:30 you will visit an Onyx Factory for approximately 30 minutes. At the end of the tour around approximately 16:00, you will be transferred to the Denizli or Izmir airport for an late evening flight back (between 7:00 – 21:00 pm) to Istanbul. Upon arrival you will be picked up from the airport and transferred to your hotel in Istanbul. END OF SERVICES.
- Included meals: Breakfast and Lunch
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
• Pick up and drop off to your hotel (on the European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port
• Domestic flight tickets – (Istanbul to Kayseri and Denizli or Izmir to Istanbul)
• Overnight intercity coach ticket (Cappadocia to Pamukkale)
• 1 night in Cappadocia at Cave hotel including breakfast
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Car park, Gasoline, Highway & Bridge fees
• Local taxes and service charges
• Hot Air Balloon Ride
• Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
• Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
• Travel insurance
WHAT TO BRING:
• Hiking shoes
• Swimwear & towel
• This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
• Vegetarian lunch option available upon request
• You can swim in the Antique pool in Pamukkale. However, please note that there is an extra charge that you will have to pay directly at your own expense before entry to the pools. This entrance fees to the pools is not covered as part of your tour. as Please note that you must bring your own towel, swimsuit etc. if you need to use the pools.
• The hot air balloon ride operates in optimum weather conditions. The decision for the flight to take off on any given day is decided by the local government at the last minute depending on weather conditions to ensure passenger safety. If your paid and scheduled hot air balloon ride gets cancelled by the tour company at the last minute for weather conditions, we will provide you with a refund of USD 175.00 for the hot air balloon ride if you have it booked with us.
• The normal arrival time in Istanbul is between 8:00 – 9:00 pm. If you are planning on reserving your plane back home that same day, we recommend you book a plane ticket from 11:30 pm onwards, to avoid missing your flight.
WHEN TO BOOK?
• Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
• You can book up to 2 days before (Istanbul local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.