After meeting your guide at your Istanbul hotel (European side only), begin your privately guided trip to Bursa. Coast to the port and hop aboard your ferry for a relaxing cruise over the Sea of Marmara south to Yalova. Then traverse two hours on an air-conditioned minivan enjoying window views until you arrive in Bursa.
Hop off, stretch your legs and listen as your guide sheds light on the Ottoman Empire’s first capital. Wander through this modern day city observing contemporary monuments but focusing on discovering its many ancient landmarks where the rich history lies.
Follow your guide to the Green Mosque (Yeşil Camii) and step inside to admire its exquisite marble archway and vibrant sapphire colored tiles that illuminate the halls of the central dome. Continue to stroll along and learn how the mosque was dedicated to Sultan Mehmet I.
Next, take a short walk to the main building in the old Bursa Silk Market (Kapalı Çarşı) – Koza Han. Learn how the ancient Koza Han building, now tea house, was once filled with silk artisans who traded caftans (long garments of clothing) with Turkish Sultans. Then, gain insight into how Bursa was the final stop on the famous Silk Road.
Take a break for lunch at a cafe and savor a Turkish kebap or try other traditional fare. Afterwards, head to Bursa’s cable car and hop aboard for a climb to the peak of Mt Olympos. Stretch your eyes over expansive views of the city and enjoy some free time to capture photos. In the unlikely event the cable car is not operating, walk with your guide to a similar overlook near an old plane tree.
At the end of the tour, you will travel back to Istanbul in your private car with your private driver and professional English speaking tour guide. You will first be driven from Bursa to Yalova and then will take a ferry boat to Istanbul port. Upon arrival in Istanbul port, you will be dropped off to your hotel in Istanbul.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Round-trip transport by air-conditioned minivan and ferry
• Entrance fees
• Gratuities (optional)
• Food and drinks, unless specified
• Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums.
• No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements