Obtain your tour price by selecting tour dates and specifics below:
1-Day Saronic Cruise
$135.00 per person
A carefree one-day cruise from the capital to three nearby picturesque islands of the Saronic Gulf. You will visit Hydra, the haven of the artistic world and favorite jet-set destination, the quaint island of Poros, and the historic Aegina, an island that was a major naval force during antiquity and now has the ruins to prove it. At each location you are afforded some time for sightseeing, picking up mementos, and exploring at your own pace. Buffet lunch is included and served on board and optional excursions on the islands are offered upon request. With three islands in one day and a luxurious vessel to traverse the crystal clear waters of the Saronic Gulf, this is an unmissable opportunity!
1 Day Cruise to Aegina, Poros and Hydra
Departure is at approximately 08.00 a.m. heading to the three beautiful islands of the Saronic Gulf. After departure, our guide and the hostesses will ask you to assemble in one of the main lounges of the ship to get acquainted and give you all the information concerning the ship, the program of the cruise, and the islands. The order of the island visits may be changed with no prior notice.
Hydra (approx. 2 hours)
The favorite island of the jet set, whose old traditional stone houses and mansions have over the years housed the infant gâté of the art world. The narrow stone-paved streets await for you to explore them on foot or by saddled donkey, as the island belongs to a niche group of places that do not allow motorized vehicles. Captivating walks along the old seaside promenade crystal clear waters and radiant fine craft shops create an incredible amalgamation of two different worlds!
Poros (approx. 1 hour)
Although it is the smallest of the three islands we will visit, its narrow strait offering a most enchanting view of the town of Poros is a sight to behold. The island is extremely close to Peloponnese, with a 200m (650ft) strip of water separating it from the mainland. That gives Poros a unique coastline, as a big part of it is almost lagoon-like.
Aegina (approx. 2 hours)
During ancient times it was a rival of Athens, the great sea power of the era. As such, the island is, to this day, full of archaeological sites and historical points of interest. Apart from its harbor, there are optional organized tours by air-conditioned busses visiting the Temple of Aphaia (archeological site) or the Church of Saint Nektarios, whose relics are on display. These tours are optional and are sold on board the ship. On our way back to Marina Flisvos, a traditional Greek folk show with singers and dancers will entertain you up to the final moment as the ship arrives at Marina Flisvos.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Visit Hydra for approximately 2 hours
- Visit Poros island for approximately 1 hour
- Visit Aegina island for approximately 2 hours
- Pick up / drop off service from most of the hotels in Athens
- Lunch on board
- All taxes
- Optional Excursions
- Your international airfare
- Personal expenses, beverages at lunch and/or dinner
- Customary tips to your drivers, guides, and escorts
- This tour includes a complimentary pick-up/drop-off service from your hotel or other predefined spots in Athens and surrounding areas. Maximum duration of this service to gather tour participants is approximately 1 hour. Thus, pick-up time may vary for each guest and will be promptly provided by your personal agent.
- The order of the island visits may be changed with no prior notice.
- Generally, guests will spend approximately 2 hours in Hydra, 1 hour in Poros, and 2 hours in Aegina.
- Onboard gift shops issue tax deduction receipts for eligible customers and specified minimum amounts.
- Special diets can be catered to provided that a minimum prior notice of 2 days is given.
- Recommended items to have with you include Sun Protection Lotion (with high factor), Hat, Sun Glasses, Swimming Suite & Towel, and Wind-Stopper.