Day 1: Athens to Kalambaka via Delphi
We will pick you up from select spots in Athens (departure at approx 8:45) and drive through the fertile plain of Beotia, crossing the towns of Thebes, Levadia, and Arachova before arriving in Delphi, the ‘navel of the world’ according to ancient Greeks. There you will visit the archaeological site of the oracle and depart for Kalambaka, passing through picturesque villages of Central Greece.
- Overnight in Kalambaka
- Included Meal(s): Dinner
Day 2: Visit Meteora and Return to Athens
Visit Meteora, a geological marvel of vast, rock pillars rising up from the valley to create a unique spectacle that is a testament to the wonders of nature. On top of the pillars, stand Byzantine Monasteries, of immeasurable historical and religious importance. Afterwards you will make your way back via Trikala, Lamia, and Thermopylae (where a short stop to see Leonidas’ Monument across the road is in order) and finally arrive at Athens early in the evening (approx. 19:00).
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Visit the Delphi Archaeological site
- Visit some Meteora Monasteries (2 Monasteries)
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned motor coach
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Kalambaka
- 1 breakfast, 1 dinner
- Professional guide
- Pick up / drop off service from most of the hotels in Athens
- VAT for all services
- Visit Delphi Museum
- Your international airfare
- Personal expenses, beverages at lunch and/or dinner
- Customary tips to your drivers, guides, and escorts
- Stayover hotel tax, to be paid directly to the hotel (cost per overnight per room: 5 star – 4 €, 4 star – 3 €, 3 star – 1,5 €)
- The tour is usually bilingual, implemented in English and one additional language (French or Italian). Your agent can inform you on the languages of the tour prior to booking.
- This tour includes a complimentary pick-up/drop-off service from your hotel or other predefined spots in Athens and surrounding areas. The maximum duration of this service to gather tour participants is approximately 1 hour. Thus, pick-up time may vary for each guest and will be promptly provided by your personal agent.
- Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels, from the G.O. terminal around 19:30 hrs.
- Appropriate clothing is required to visit the Monasteries. Long skirts below the knees for the ladies and long trousers for the gentlemen. The monasteries, also, provide long skirts before every entrance. The ladies can choose and wear a long skirt over their clothing, during the tour, and return it, prior to their departure.
- At Delphi, the tour company will usually move guests traveling to Meteora onto another bus. After the short Delphi visit guests will depart for Kalambaka/Meteora where they will spend the night (dinner and overnight). The following morning they will visit Meteora and the monasteries atop these spectacular monoliths