Day 1: Starting from Istanbul – Full Day Gallipoli Tour – Transfer to Canakkale – Overnight in Canakkale
You will be picked up between 6:00 – 7:00 am from your hotel in Istanbul to travel to Gallipoli. The travel time will be around 5 – 6 hours and there will be a short stop en route for personal needs or to have a quick breakfast on your own (breakfast is not included in our service). The travel will continue to Eceabat where you will have lunch. After lunch in Eceabat, we will travel to Gallipoli. Your visit will include Brighton Beach, the intended landing place, Beach Cemetery on the southern tip, Anzac Cove, the landing place of the first wave of Australian and New Zealand troops and home to up to 30,000 troops during the campaign, Ariburnu Cemetery, Anzac Commemoration Site, Lone Pine Australian Memorial, site of the successful attack and capture of Turkish trenches by the Australians during the August offensive, Johnston’s Jolly, where there are the original Allied and Turkish trenches and tunnels, 57th Regiment Turkish Memorial, The Nek and the Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial. At the end of the tour, you will be transferred to Canakkale. Overnight in Canakkale. (L)
Day 2: Full Day Troy and Pergamon Tour – Transfer to Kusadasi or Selcuk – End of Tour
You will be picked up around 8:30 am from your hotel in Canakkale to travel to Troy. In Troy, you will visit the model of the Trojan Horse, Sacrificial Altars, the 3700-year-old city walls, Houses of Troy I from 3000 – 2500 B.C., the Bouleuterion (Senate Building), the Odeon (Concert Hall), current excavations, remains of the various cities from Troy 1 through Troy IX. At around 10:30 am, you will finish your Troy tour and depart for Bergama. Around 1:30 pm, you will have lunch in Bergama and then depart for a fully guided Pergamon Acropolis tour. At Pergamon, the ancient world’s major power, you will visit the Acropolis, the ruins of Zeus Altar “Throne of Satan”, the Hellenistic Theatre which had a seating capacity of 10,000 people, the Great Library which held 200,000 books and Trojan, the Gymnasium situated on terraces, the lower Agora, Temple of Dionysus, Temple of Athena and Temple of Trojan. At the end of the tour around 5:30 pm, you will be transferred to Kusadasi or Selcuk. Arrival in Selcuk will be at around 8:30 pm and in Kusadasi will be around 9:30 pm. End of our service. (L)
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- 1 night in Canakkale or Eceabat at a 3-star hotel including breakfast
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
- Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch)
- Services charges and local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Please note that a professional English-speaking guide will only join the group at the historical tour site and will not be present during transfer or intercity travel.
- The order of the itinerary is indicative and subject to change, but all visits described will take place.