2 Days Delphi Tour from Athens
Experience Delphi, the sacred city of ancient Greece, in-depth. Drive through the fertile plains of Boetia, crossing the towns of Thebes which is connected with the tragedy of King Oedipus, Levadia and the picturesque Arachova. You will arrive at Delphi, the center of the Ancient World, which earned it the nickname “navel of the earth”. There you will have the chance to visit the Treasury of the Athenians, the Temple of Apollo and the archaeological museum.
Select total number of rooms required and travel date below for pricing:
Day 1 - Athens to Delphi via Thebes, Levadia and Arachova
We will pick you up from select spots in Athens (departure at approx 8:45) and drive through the fertile plain of Beotia, crossing the towns of Thebes, Levadia and Arachova before arriving in Delphi, the 'navel of the world' according to ancient Greeks. On the slopes of Mount Parnassus, in a landscape of unparalleled beauty and majesty, lie the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo Pythios. Visit the Treasury of the Athenians, the Temple of Apollo and the Museum containing such masterpieces of Ancient Greek sculpture as the bronze Charioteer. The afternoon is free to allow you to stroll through the town and explore.
- Overnight in Delphi
- Included Meal(s): Dinner
Day 2 - Return to Athens
The morning is at your disposal to explore Delphi, get mementos and photos or simply relax. Return to Athens in the evening by the same route (approx. 19:00).
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Motor coach through Thebes, Levadia, Arachova (short stop) to Delphi
- Visit the Archaeological Site and Museum
- 1-night in Delphi at a First Class hotel
- 1 breakfast, 1 dinner
- Professional guide
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick up / drop off service from most of the hotels in Athens
- VAT for all services
- Your international airfare
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, beverages at lunch and/or dinner
- Customary tips to your drivers, guides and escorts
- Stayover hotel tax, to be paid directly to the hotel (cost per overnight per room: 5 star - 4 €, 4 star - 3 €, 3 star - 1,5 €)
- The tour is usually bilingual, implemented in English and one additional language (French or Italian). Your agent can inform you on the languages of the tour prior to booking.
- This tour includes a complimentary pick-up/drop-off service from your hotel or other predefined spots in Athens and surrounding areas. The maximum duration of this service to gather tour participants is approximately 1 hour. Thus, pick-up time may vary for each guest and will be promptly provided by your personal agent.
- Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels, from G.O. terminal around 19:30 hrs.
- The tour will not be implemented on major holidays (for example):
- January 1st
- March 25th
- May 1st
- December 25th
- December 26th