Day 1: Flight to Izmir, Full Day Ephesus Tour
You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul around 4:00 am and will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight from Istanbul to Izmir between 6:00 – 7:30 am. Upon arrival at Izmir airport, you will be picked up and transferred to Selçuk. In Selçuk, you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your full day tour of Ephesus.
You will first visit the Temple of Artemis which was once one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world. Next, you will visit the world famous ancient Greco- Roman City of Ephesus, the most well-preserved example in the world. After visiting this impressive site, you will have a break for lunch. After lunch, you will visit the House of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days. This is a holy place for both Christians and Muslims. Afterwards, you will visit the Isabey Mosque. Next, you will be taken to the Sirince Village; which is an old Greek village and is well-know for its quaint beauty and wine tasting and production. Here you will have one hour free to explore on your own without a guide the different foods and wines of the area and visit various small traditional village shops. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Kusadasi for check-in.
- Overnight in Kusadasi
- Included Meal(s): Lunch
Day 2: Full Day Priene, Miletus & Didyma Tour, Flight to Istanbul
Enjoy your breakfast & then check-out of your hotel in Kusadasi. You will be picked up from your hotel at around 8:30 am. Today you will visit Miletus, one of the oldest cities of Ionia, and the ancient cities of Priene and Didyma. First you will see Priene which in its time was one of the most spectacular of all the ancient Ionians cities. Then we will lead our way to Miletus to see Miletus with its magnificent theatre and the Byzantine fortress on the acropolis above. Our last stop will be Didyma. Here you will find the largest Ionic Temple in the world, that of Apollo. Also in Didyma lies the huge, cracked head of Medusa which long ago fell from the freeze. At end of the tour you will be transferred to Izmir airport for your return flight to Istanbul. Upon arrival you will be picked up from the airport and transferred to your hotel in Istanbul. END OF SERVICES.
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
• Pick up and drop off to your hotel (on the European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port.
• Domestic flight tickets as per the itinerary
• 1 night in Kusadasi at a 4 star hotel including breakfast and dinner
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Local taxes and service charges
• Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
• Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
• This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
• Your return to Istanbul can be in the late evening and can be estimated between 7 – 10 pm. We will confirm this time based on the tickets bought after payment has been received.