Obtain your tour price in USD by selecting tour dates and specifics below:
3-Day Tour of Pamukkale, Ephesus, Troy and Gallipoli
$580.00 per person
Take an incredible journey through some of Turkey’s most enchanting destinations on this 3-day tour from Istanbul. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Pamukkale, with its dazzling white travertine terraces. Then explore the ruins of Ephesus, one of the most well-preserved Roman cities in the world. Marvel at the ancient city of Troy, made famous by Homer’s Iliad. And finally, pay your respects at Gallipoli, site of the WWI campaign that shaped the modern world. Book your tour today and get ready for an unforgettable experience!
Day 1: Fly from Istanbul to Denizli — Pamukkale & Hierapolis Tour — Transfer to Kusadasi (188.5 km)
You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul around 4:15 am and will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight from Istanbul to Denizli between 6:00 – 8:00 am. Upon arrival at the Denizli airport, you will be picked up at the airport and transferred to Pamukkale where you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your tour with a professional guide to begin your full-day tour of Pamukkale. Around 10:45 am you will visit the first destination of Karahayit to see the Red Spring Waters. After Karahayit we will drive to Pamukkale and begin the visit to the ancient city of Hierapolis around 11:30 am. The highlights of Hierapolis are Necropolis, Roman Baths, Domitian Gate, Latrina, Oil Factory, Frontinious Street, Agora, Byzantium Gate, Triton Fountain, Cathedral, Apollon Temple, Plutonium, Theater, and Antique Pool. You will also be able to take some photos from the nicest corners of Pamukkale. Around 12:30 pm you will be given some free time for approximately 60 minutes to explore the natural beauties of Pamukkale. As an option, you may choose to swim in the Pamukkale Antique Pools (at your own expense) during this free time. At 1:30 pm you will meet the guide and will get a chance to walk in the middle of the Pamukkale travertines “cotton castle” from top to down without shoes and socks. At 2:30 pm you will be taken for lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch at approximately 3:30 pm, you will visit an Onyx Factory for approximately 30 minutes. At the end of the tour around approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred to your hotel at around 7:30 pm.
- Overnight in Kusadasi
- Included Meal(s): Lunch
- Accommodation: Efe Boutique Hotel OR Derici Hotel OR Marina Hotel or similar (Standard quality)
Day 2: Ephesus Tour — From Kusadasi to Canakkale by Intercity Bus (443.6 km)
After breakfast at the hotel around 08:30 am you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full-day tour of Ephesus. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. You will first visit the Temple of Artemis which was once one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world. Next, you will visit the world famous ancient Greco- Roman City of Ephesus, the most well-preserved example in the world. After visiting this impressive site, you will have a break for lunch. After lunch, you will visit the House of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days. This is a holy place for both Christians and Muslims. Afterwards, you will visit the Isabey Mosque. Next, you will be taken to the Sirince Village; which is an old Greek village and is well-know for its quaint beauty and wine tasting and production. Here you will have one hour free to explore on your own without a guide the different foods and wines of the area and visit various small traditional village shops.
After your Ephesus tour, you will be driven back to Kusadasi where you will board a public bus to Canakkale at approximately 6:00 pm. You will arrive in Canakkale around 12:30 am and there will be 2 breaks enroute for personal needs. After arrival at the Canakkale bus station, you will be picked up and transferred to your hotel.
- Overnight in Çanakkale
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
- Accommodation: Grand Anzac Hotel OR Helen Hotel OR Akol Hotel or similar (Standard quality)
Day 3: Troy and Gallipoli Combination Tour — Transfer from Canakkale to Istanbul (307.2 km)
After breakfast, you will check out of the hotel in Canakkale and will be picked up from your hotel in Canakkale at around 8:30 am. Today in the morning, we will begin with the Troy Tour where you will visit the Trojan Horse, Sacrificial Altars, 3700-year-old City Walls, Houses of Troy I, 3000 B.C. – 2500 B.C., Bouleuterion (Senate Building), Odeon (Concert Hall), and the Remains of the various cities from Troy I through to Troy IX. At the end of the Troy Tour at around 11:30 am, you will be taken to Eceabat and will have free time in Eceabat until 1:00 pm. Lunch will be at a local restaurant in Eceabat. After lunch, we will begin the Gallipoli Tour. You will visit Brighton Beach; the intended landing place, Beach Cemetery on the southern tip of Anzac Cove; the landing place of the first wave of Australian and New Zealand troops and home to up to 30,000 troops during the campaign, Ariburnu Cemetery, Anzac Commemoration Site, Lone Pine Australian Memorial; site of the successful attack and capture of Turkish trenches by the Australians during the August offensive, Johnston’s Jolly where you will visit the original Allied and Turkish trenches and tunnels, 57th Regiment Turkish Memorial, The Nek, and the Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial. At the end of the Gallipoli Tour at around 6:00 pm, you will depart for Istanbul with arrival into Istanbul around 11:00 pm. You will be dropped back at your Istanbul hotel and this will be the end of our service.
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
- Accommodation: No accommodation is included on this day
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Pick up from and drop off at your hotel (on the European side of Istanbul only)
- Domestic flight and bus tickets as per the itinerary
- 1 night in Kusadasi at a 4-star hotel including breakfast
- 1 night in Canakkale at a 3-star hotel including breakfast
- English speaking guide during the tours
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch)
- Visits and entrances fees as indicated in the itinerary
- Local taxes and service charges
- International Flight Tickets.
- Visa to enter Turkey.
- Optional tours mentioned in the program, they will be provided at an additional cost.
- Services not mentioned in the program.
- Dinner and Drinks
- Travel insurance (recommended).
- The order of the itinerary is indicative and subject to change, but all visits described will take place.
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour.
- The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour.
- Vegetarian lunch option available upon request.
- You can swim in the Antique pool in Pamukkale. However, please note that there is an extra charge that you will have to pay directly at your own expense before entry to the pools. This entrance fee to the pools is not covered as part of your tour. Please note that you must bring your own towel, swimsuit etc. if you need to use the pools.
Poh Ser G. –
I took the 3 day Pamukkale, Ephesus, Troy and Gallipoli tour from Istanbul and it was amazing! Our tour guide was so knowledgeable and passionate about the history of each place we visited. I loved learning about the culture and seeing all of the beautiful scenery. If you’re interested in history or just want to see some amazing places, I would highly recommend this tour!