3 Days Delphi and Meteora Tour from Athens
$470.00 per person
This 3-day tour of the Greek mainland is ideal for those looking to augment their vacation to Greece with a dose of ancient Greek history with a pinch of spirituality. Starting from Athens, the capital of Greece, we will take the scenic route through the plains of Beotia before arriving in Delphi, known around ancient Greece as ‘the navel of the world’. A town with strong ties to antiquity due to the presence of the famous Oracle, whose ruins still stand proudly. A sacred place for ancient Greeks, as they consulted the great Oracle before every major war campaign. Afterwards, you will travel to Kalambaka, a cozy town in central Greece, sitting right next to Meteora, an incredible spectacle or massive rock pillars rising up from a valley to form a truly rare sight. On top of the pillars, Byzantine monasteries have stood for centuries, adding yet another layer to the sense of wonder that fills any visitor.
Obtain your tour price in USD by selecting tour dates and specifics below:
Operating April – October: Every Tuesday
Day 1: Athens to Delphi via Thebes, Levadia and Arachova
We will pick you up from select spots in Athens (departure at approx 8:45) and drive through the fertile plain of Beotia, crossing the towns of Thebes, Levadia and Arachova before arriving in Delphi, the ‘navel of the world‘ according to ancient Greeks. On the slopes of Mount Parnassus, in a landscape of unparalleled beauty and majesty, lie the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo Pythios. Visit the Treasury of the Athenians, the Temple of Apollo and the Museum containing such masterpieces of Ancient Greek sculpture as the bronze Charioteer. The afternoon is free to allow you to stroll through the town and explore.
- Overnight in Delphi
- Included Meal(s): Dinner
Day 2: Delphi to Kalambaka
You have the morning free to explore Delphi and pick up mementos of your trip. Afterwards, depart for Kalambaka, passing some picturesque villages of Central Greece along the way.
- Overnight in Kalambaka
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Dinner
Day 3: Visit Meteora and Return to Athens
Visit Meteora, a geological marvel of vast, rock pillars rising up from the valley to create a unique spectacle that is a testament to wonders of nature. On top of the pillars, stand Byzantine Monasteries, of immeasurable historical and religious importance. Afterwards you will make your way back via Trikala, Lamia and Thermopylae (where a short stop to see Leonidas’ Monument across the road is in order) and finally arrive at Athens early in the evening (approx. 19:00).
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Visit the Delphi Archaeological site & Museum
- Visit some Meteora Monasteries (2 Monasteries)
- 1-night in Delphi at a First Class hotel
- 1-night in Kalambaka (Meteora area) at a First Class hotel
- 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- Professional guide
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick up / drop off service from most of the hotels in Athens
- VAT for all services
- Your international airfare
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, beverages at lunch and/or dinner
- Customary tips to your drivers, guides and escorts
- Stayover hotel tax, to be paid directly to the hotel (cost per overnight per room: 5 star – 4 €, 4 star – 3 €, 3 star – 1,5 €)
- The tour is usually bilingual, implemented in English and one additional language (French or Italian). Your agent can inform you on the languages of the tour prior to booking.
- This tour includes a complimentary pick-up/drop-off service from your hotel or other predefined spots in Athens and surrounding areas. The maximum duration of this service to gather tour participants is approximately 1 hour. Thus, pick-up time may vary for each guest and will be promptly provided by your personal agent.
- Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels, from G.O. terminal around 19:30 hrs.
- Appropriate clothing is required to visit the Monasteries. Long skirts below the knees for the ladies and long trousers for the gentlemen. The monasteries, also, provide long skirts before every entrance. The ladies can choose and wear a long skirt over their clothing, during the tour, and return it, prior to their departure.
- The tour will not be implemented on major holidays (for example):
- January 1st
- March 25th
- May 1st
- December 25th
- December 26th
Inquire About this Trip
Please fill out the information below and we will be in touch shortly with your personalized quote.
"*" indicates required fields