4 Days Cappadocia and Konya Tour from Istanbul
3 Nights accommodation in our option hotels: 2 nights Cappadocia, 1 night Konya, all transfers, sightseeing tours including entrance fees as per itinerary, air-conditioned vehicle for all tours and transfers, professional English speaking tour guide on local tours, domestic flight tickets and meals as per itinerary.
Select total number of rooms required and travel date below for pricing:
Day 1: Flight to Kayseri/Nevsehir — North Cappadocia Tour
04:30 You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transferred to Istanbul airport.
05:30 Arrival at Istanbul airport for flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir
07:00 Flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir
07:55 Arrival at Kayseri or Nevsehir airport. Upon arrival, you will be picked up at the airport and transferred to Cappadocia. In Cappadocia, you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your full-day tour of North Cappadocia.
Your tour will start with a visit to the Devrent Valley to see the unique fairy chimneys. Next you will visit the Pasabag Monk’s Valley to see the mushroom-shaped pinnacles. After this visit, you will drive to the city of Avanos. After lunch, you will visit the beautiful open-air museum of Goreme where the remains of rock-cut churches and Christian settlements date back hundreds of years. Finally towards the end of the day tour before returning to your hotel, you will be able to visit the natural castles of Uchisar. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Cappadocia for check-in.
- Overnight in Cappadocia
- Included Meal(s): Lunch
Day 2: South Cappadocia Tour
After breakfast at the hotel around 9:30 am you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full-day tour of South Cappadocia. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. Your tour will begin with a visit to the Red Valley where you will be able to explore the famous rock-cut churches and hike approximately 5 km through the Güllüdere (Rose) Valley. Next you will visit Çavusin village which is famous for its houses and churches of the Christian Clergymen. We will take a break for lunch around noon. After lunch, you will drive to the Pigeon Valley. In the afternoon you will visit the Kaymakli underground city where early Christians lived. This will be the end of your full-day tour. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel at around 4:30 pm.
- Overnight in Cappadocia
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
Day 3: Public Bus Transfer to Konya from Cappadocia — Konya Tour
You will be picked up in the early morning for your transfer to Konya on a public bus. You will arrive into Konya around noon time. After lunch, you will begin your private tour of Konya.
First you will be visiting the Tomb of Rumi in the glittering Mevlana Museum, an important place of pilgrimage for Muslims and indeed all lovers of Rumi. Next door, we visit the Ottoman-era Sultan Selim mosque before having lunch in a traditional Turkish restaurant. We drive along Mevlana Caddesi, Konya's main avenue, to reach the age-old Alaettin Hill (a prehistoric tumulus) to visit the 1000-year-old Alaaddin Mosque, where Rumi often prayed. In its courtyard are the tombs of many of the Seljuk Turkish sultans who ruled during Rumi's lifetime, and who consulted him for spiritual guidance. Walking down the north side of the Alaettin Hill we pass the remains of the Seljuk sultan's palace, then cross the street for a view of the elaborate portal of the medieval Great Karatay Medrese theological college, after which we walk to the Mosque and Tomb of Sems-i Tebrizi, Rumi's closest companion, spiritual mentor, and inspiration for many of his poetic works. At the end of the private tour of Konya, you will check in to your hotel in Konya.
- Overnight in Konya
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
Day 4: Transfer to Konya Airport — Fly back to Istanbul
You will be picked up from your hotel in Konya and transferred to Konya airport to catch your flight to Istanbul. END OF OUR SERVICE and TOURS.
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast
- Please note that your return flight from Konya to Istanbul will arrive at either the New Airport in Istanbul or at the Sabiha Gökçen Airport depending on the availability of flights on the ticket purchase date.
- If you have a preference to return to a specific airport in Istanbul i.e. Sabiha Gokcen or Istanbul New Airport, you must request your choice of the airport in Istanbul by email prior to your tour booking. Any changes requested once your booking is confirmed will incur an additional cost.
- Upon arrival at Istanbul airport, you will have to arrange your own pick-up service from Istanbul airport to your hotel in Istanbul. This transfer is not included as part of your package tour services with us. Our service ends upon your flight arrival at Istanbul Airport.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Pick up from Istanbul hotel and transfer to Istanbul Airport (on the European side of Istanbul only)
- Domestic flight tickets – (Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir and Konya to Istanbul)
- 2 nights in Cappadocia at Cave hotel including breakfast
- 1 night in Konya at 4-star hotel including breakfast
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch)
- Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
- Services charges & local taxes
- Drop off transportation service from Istanbul New Airport OR Sabiha Gökçen Airport to Istanbul Hotel upon returning to Istanbul
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Any optional tours
- Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
- Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
- Travel insurance
- The order of the itinerary is indicative and subject to change, but all visits described will take place.
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour.
- The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour.
- The hot air balloon ride operates in optimum weather conditions. The decision for the flight to take off on any given day is decided by the local government at the last minute depending on weather conditions to ensure passenger safety. If your paid and scheduled hot air balloon ride gets cancelled by the tour company at the last minute for weather conditions, we will provide you with a refund of USD 290.00 for the hot air balloon ride if you have it booked with us.
Accommodation in below Hotels (or similar hotels depending on vacancy at the time of booking):
Cappadocia: Flintstones Cave Hotel OR Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel OR Travel Inn Cave Hotel
Konya: Balikcilar Hotel OR Bera Konya Hotel
The quoted price of this tour covers accommodations in hotels as mentioned above or in similar quality hotels.
If you wish to include a higher quality hotel, we offer two options:
Option 1: We can upgrade your hotel at an additional cost. This cost will be added to the total tour price of the standard package tour.
Option 2: You can arrange your own accommodation on the tour as per your preference. We can offer a new package tour price without including cost of hotel accommodation. If Option 2 is preferred, all services as part of the package tour will be provided except for hotel accommodation.
Please let us know the option you prefer at the time the tour request is made so that we can price the tour accordingly. If no change in hotels is needed and you wish to proceed with the hotels highlighted in our package tour at the quoted tour price then you may book the tour directly online.