Full Day Istanbul City Tour
$160.00 per person
During the Istanbul Byzantine and Ottoman Heritage Tour, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the city’s most significant historical landmarks. Beginning with the globally renowned Hagia Sophia, you’ll then traverse to the Topkapi Palace, the previous residence of Ottoman royalty. Other notable stops on this journey include the stunning Blue Mosque, the ancient Hippodrome, and the vibrant Grand Bazaar.
Obtain your tour price in USD by selecting tour dates and specifics below:
Explore Istanbul’s Best: Full-Day Tour of History & Culture
You will be picked up in the morning from your hotel or cruise port between 8:15 – 8:45 am for the full-day Byzantine and Ottoman Relics Tour.
On the tour you will be able to see:
Hippodrome, The former center of sportive and political activities of Constantinople. You will be able to see the Obelisk from Egypt, the Serpentine Column from Delphi, and the fountain of Willhelm II.
Blue Mosque, One of the biggest mosques of Istanbul from 17th-century architecture is one of the principal adornments on the skyline of Istanbul. Also famous for its blue tiles and 6 minarets.
Topkapi Palace, The former imperial residence from where the Great Ottoman Empire was ruled. Today a spectacular museum that has one of the largest collections of Chinese and Japanese porcelain and the very famous treasury of the Royal Family.. Lunch will be provided in a traditional Turkish restaurant.
Hagia Sophia, The magnificent Byzantine Church of all times; is one of the finest and largest architectural works of art in the world.
Grand Bazaar (Kapali Carsi), In addition to its historical importance, it’s a bazaar that will tempt even the nonshoppers with its rich collection of precious handmade carpets, jewelry, leather, and souvenirs.
At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel or cruise port around 5:30 pm.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price
- Hotel pickup and drop off (on the European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional licensed English-speaking guide during the tour
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes and service charges
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up and drop-off service is only provided from city center hotels including the Old City and Taksim and Beyoglu hotels. Pick up service from outside the city center will be at an additional cost that we will communicate once you give us your exact pick-up location.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Please note that the Blue Mosque is not open for visitation on Fridays as it is closed for religious prayer services. You will only be able to visit the outside of the Blue Mosque area on tours operated on Fridays. No visitation will be allowed inside the Blue Mosque for tourists on Fridays.
- Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesday, it will be replaced with the Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarnici).
- Grand Bazaar is closed on Sunday.
- During religious holidays, the spice market and Grand Bazaar are closed.
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour.
- The regular group tour has a shopping stop included in the tour.
Inquire About this Trip
Please fill out the information below and we will be in touch shortly with your personalized quote.
"*" indicates required fields