Full-Day Pamukkale Tour from Bodrum
- Duration 13 hours (Approx.)
- Private Car
- Pick-up from All hotels in Bodrum, Akyallar, Turgutreis, Kadikalesi, Gümbet, Bitez, Yalikavak, Türkbükü, Gundogan, Yaliciftlik, Icmeler, Torba, Ortakent
- Departure Time: Between 6.00 am and 6:30 am
Your day trip to Pamukkale from Bodrum will begin around 6:00 am with a pick-up from your hotel in Bodrum. You will proceed to drive to Pamukkale with an approximate travel duration of around 3.5 hours in a private air-conditioned car driven by a private driver. Upon arrival in Pamukkale, you will meet your professional English-speaking licensed tour guide.
Pamukkale which means ‘cotton castle,’ is a stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site and consists of dazzling white travertine rock terraces that appear to flow down 656-foot (200-meter) cliffs. From a distance, the travertine terraces almost look like snowy cliffs or frozen waterfalls, but are mineral deposits from the hot springs in Pamukkale.
You will walk around these fascinating rocks and will see the naturally formed bathing pools while learning about their geology from your tour guide. Views from Pamukkale are unforgettable. You will see the white travertine terraces contrasting with the brown mountains in the distance and will walk up to the Hierapolis, which is an ancient Greco-Roman city with crumbling ruins and geothermic bathing pools.
There will be some free to enjoy the pools at leisure. If you bring your bathing suit, the pools are definitely worth a dip (entrance fee is at your own expense). You can relax in the warm natural springs that are separated by ancient columns. Later on, join your guide for a leisurely walk around the ancient city and see the impressive Classical ruins, such as the Necropolis (Roman burial ground), the vast Roman theater that was capable of seating more than 12,000 people and St Philippe Martyrion (also known as the Basilica of St Philippe) to learn about this important early Christian sanctuary. At the end of the tour around 4:00 pm, you will travel back to Bodrum and will be dropped off at your hotel in Bodrum around 9:00 pm.
Optional: You may choose to stop en route to Bodrum for dinner. However, dinner will be paid by yourselves.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Pick up from Port or your Hotel in Bodrum
- Round Trip Transportation in Private Vehicle
- Private tour
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tour
- Lunch (Vegetarian lunch option available upon request).
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Local taxes and service charges
- Personal expenses and tips