Around 8:00 am you will be picked up from Izmir hotels, Izmir Airport, Izmir Port or Izmir Bus Terminal to begin the full day tour of Pergamon.
You will visit the breathtaking Acropolis, which was modeled after the site in Athens. The beautiful view from the hill-top will give you a great panorama of the surroundings. Marvel at the impressive Athenaeum library once held 200,000 volumes, which Mark Antony later offered to Cleopatra as a wedding present. The Temple of Trojan is a huge marble building that has been partially reconstructed from the original pieces found on the site. Following on from this you will discover the famous Sanctuary of Asclepius, located down in the valley from the Acropolis. A sacred fountain where people with health problems could bathe can be found here and legend has it that Asclepius would then give them a vision and explain how they could be cured. After a delicious lunch with Turkish specialties, you will have the opportunity to visit the Archeological Museum of Pergamon where you can see many original artifacts found on the site.
At the end of the day, we will enjoy an easy drive through the countryside. Please note that your tour may change the order in which you visit sites. You will be transferred back to your hotel in Izmir, Izmir Airport, Izmir Port or Bus Station at around 8:00 pm. END OF SERVICES.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Centrally located Izmir hotels, Izmir Airport or Izmir cruise port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tour
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Local taxes and service charges
- Personal expenses and tips
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
- The regular group tour has a shopping stop included in the tour