Full-Day Priene-Miletus-Didyma Tour from Izmir
- Duration: 8 hours (Approx.)
- Shared Group Tour
- Meeting Point Options: Izmir Bus Station, Izmir Cruise Ship Port, Izmir Airport, Izmir Hotels
- Departure Time: Between 7.30 am and 8:00 am
You will be picked up in the morning from your hotel in Izmir, Izmir airport or Izmir cruise port between 7:30 – 8:00 am for the full day Priene, Miletus and Didyma Tour. Once you are picked up you will continue on to the following sites:
Priene; Set dramatically at the foot of a sheer mountain wall, Priene overlooks the aptly named Meander River. This 2,500 years old Ionian city was among the first to be planned with a grid system of streets.
Miletos; These ancient ruins lie on a hill near the Aegean Sea. Explore the ancient theater, built circa IV Century B.C. The theater could accommodate over 15,000 spectators. Visit the well-preserved Bath of Faustina, named after the wife of Marcus Aurelius, who ordered their construction.
Break for lunch at a traditional Turkish restaurant.
After lunch, continue your tour to:
Didyma; In antiquity, Didyma was connected to Miletus by a sacred road. Visit the ruins of the Temple of Apollo, one of the largest temples from the Hellenistic Period. Despite extensive construction, the temple was never fully completed.
At the end of the tour around approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred back to your hotel, Izmir airport or Izmir cruise port or city center drop off location.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Centrally located Izmir hotels, Izmir Airport or Izmir cruise port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tour
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Local taxes and service charges
- Personal expenses and tips
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
- The regular group tour has shopping stop included in the tour