Private Pamukkale Tour From Izmir
Visit the phenomenal white paradise of Pamukkale and explore the ruins of ancient Hierapolis on our full-day tour from Izmir. You’ll visit nomads in the Taurus Mountains, take a walk around Turkey’s deepest lake and soak in soothing hot springs as well.
Select the total number of travelers and travel date for total tour price:
Private Hierapolis & Pamukkale Tour from Izmir
- Duration 12 hours (Approx.)
- Private Car
- Meeting Point Options: Izmir Bus Station, Izmir Cruise Ship Port, Izmir Airport, Izmir Hotels
- Departure Time: Between 7.30 am and 8:00 am
Your day trip to Pamukkale from Izmir will begin around 8:00 am with a pick-up from your hotel in Izmir. You will proceed to drive to Pamukkale with an approximate travel duration of around 3.5 hours in a private air-conditioned car driven by a private driver. Upon arrival in Pamukkale, you will meet your professional English speaking licensed tour guide.
Pamukkale which means ‘cotton castle,’ is a stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site and consists of dazzling white travertine rock terraces that appear to flow down 656-foot (200-meter) cliffs. From a distance, the travertine terraces almost look like snowy cliffs or frozen waterfalls, but are mineral deposits from the hot springs in Pamukkale.
You will walk around these fascinating rocks and will see the naturally formed bathing pools while learning about their geology from your tour guide. Views from Pamukkale are unforgettable. You will see the white travertine terraces contrasting with the brown mountains in the distance and will walk up to the Hierapolis, which is an ancient Greco-Roman city with crumbling ruins and geothermic bathing pools.
There will be some free to enjoy the pools at leisure. If you bring your bathing suit, the pools are definitely worth a dip (entrance fee is at your own expense). You can relax in the warm natural springs that are separated by ancient columns. Later on, join your guide for a leisurely walk around the ancient city and see the impressive Classical ruins, such as the Necropolis (Roman burial ground), the vast Roman theater that was capable of seating more than 12,000 people and St Philippe Martyrion (also known as the Basilica of St Philippe) to learn about this important early Christian sanctuary. At the end of the tour around 4:00 pm, you will travel back to Izmir and will be dropped off at your hotel in Izmir around 8:00 pm.
Optional: You may choose to stop en route to Izmir for dinner. However, dinner will be paid by yourselves.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Centrally located Izmir hotels, Izmir Airport or Izmir cruise port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tour
- Lunch (Vegetarian lunch option available upon request).
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Local taxes and service charges
- Personal expenses and tips
- You can swim in the Antique pool in Pamukkale. However, please note that there is an extra charge that you will have to pay directly at your own expense before entry to the pools. This entrance fees to the pools is not covered as part of your tour. Please note that you must bring your own towel, swimsuit etc. if you need to use the pools.
Prices are as below in USD:
2 People – $270 Per Person (Private Tour)
3 People – $216 Per Person (Private Tour)
4 People – $176 Per Person (Private Tour)
5 People – $154 Per Person (Private Tour)
6 People – $138 Per Person (Private Tour)
7 People – $128 Per Person (Private Tour)
8 People – $119 Per Person (Private Tour)