Day 1: Journey to Gallipoli and Çanakkale
06:00 AM – Pick up from hostel or hotel from the Taksim area
06:30 AM – Pick up from hostel or hotel from the Sultanahmet area
12:20 PM – Arrive in Eceabat
12:20 PM – Lunch 12:20 PM – Depart on a fully guided Gallipoli Tour
On the first day you will travel to Gallipoli and will visit the following:
– Brighton Beach
– Beach Cemetery
– ANZAC Cove
– Ariburnu Cemetery
– ANZAC Commemorative Site
– Respect to Mehmetcik Statue
– Lone Pine Australian Memorial
– Johnston’s Jolly, (Turkish and Allied trenches and tunnels)
– Turkish 57. Infantry Regiment Cemetery
– The Nek – Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial
After the tour transfer to Canakkale for check into your hotel.
- Overnight in Canakkale
- Included Meal(s): Lunch
Day 2: Troy Tour — Depart by Bus to Istanbul
After breakfast at the hotel around 08:30, you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your half-day tour of Troy.
On the second day you will travel to Troy and will visit the following:
– The Trojan Horse
– Sacrificial Altars
– The 3700-year-old city walls
– Houses of Troy I, 3000 B.C. – 2500 B.C.
– The Bouleuterion (Senate Building)
– The Odeon (Concert Hall)
– Current excavations in progress
– Remains of the various cities from Troy I through to Troy IX The tour will be a maximum of 2 hours.
Around 11:45 am we will drop you off to Canakkale city center for free time. The tour guide will let you know the exact meeting time and departure place to meet in Eceabat for a drive back to Istanbul. Depart for Istanbul at approximately 6:00 pm and arrive in Istanbul at about 11:00 pm and transfer to hotels. End of tour.
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Hotel pickup and drop off (on the European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- 1 night in Canakkale or Eceabat at a 3-star hotel including breakfast
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
- Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch
- Services charges and local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified