Your cart is currently empty!
Why You Should Visit Petra: It’s So Much More Than Just A UNESCO World Heritage Site
Known as the ‘Red Rose’ city, Petra is undoubtedly one of the wonders of the ancient world. Notably accessed on foot by way of the winding and narrow Siq Canyon, the first glimpse of the glistening façade of the ochre-hued Treasury is memorably impressive. Although a settlement since pre-history, Petra was the capital of the Nabatean Kingdom and fell under the control of the Roman Empire at the beginning of the 2nd century. Rich in natural resources, practically impregnable, and at the crossroads of the region’s most important trade routes, the city amassed great wealth. Today the evocative remains of temples and tombs, monumental public buildings, and huge theatres retain much of their scale and grandeur.
1. Petra is an incredibly beautiful and historic city that is well worth a visit. Petra is an incredibly beautiful and historic city in Jordan that is well worth a visit. The city is carved into the rose-colored sandstone cliffs on the edge of the Arabian Desert and is home to some of the most impressive ancient ruins in the world.
2. There are many interesting things to see and do in Petra, making it a great destination for tourists. There are many interesting things to see and do in Petra, making it a great destination for tourists. The city was built in the first century AD and is now a popular tourist attraction. It is located in Jordan, and visitors can explore the city by foot or by camel. There are many ancient ruins to see, including the Monastery and the Treasury. Visitors can also enjoy hiking and camping in the surrounding area.
3. The city is home to some amazing architecture and ancient ruins. The city is home to some amazing architecture and ancient ruins. The city is filled with beautiful ancient buildings and stunning temples. One of the most popular tourist destinations in the city is the ancient ruins. The ruins are home to beautiful ancient temples and amazing architecture. The ruins are a sight to see and are definitely worth a visit.
4. Petra is also a great place to enjoy the outdoors, with plenty of hiking trails and beautiful scenery. Petra is a place that is not only rich in history, but also in natural scenery. There are plenty of hiking trails and great scenery to enjoy in Petra. One of the most popular trails is the Siq Trail, which leads visitors through the narrow gorge known as the Siq. The trail is about 1.2 kilometers long, and it takes about 30 minutes to walk it.
5. Overall, Petra is a fascinating place that is definitely worth a visit. Petra is definitely worth a visit. It is an incredibly fascinating place with a lot to offer visitors. The city is filled with history and culture, and there are plenty of things to see and do. Petra is definitely a place worth exploring.