1 Day Trip From Istanbul to Ephesus
04:30 You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transferred to the airport.
05:00 Arrive at the Istanbul airport for your flight from Istanbul to Izmir
07:00 Fly From Istanbul to Izmir
08:00 Upon your arrival at Izmir Airport you will be met by our driver and transferred to Ephesus to join the daily Ephesus Full Day Tour.
On the tour you will be able to see:
Ephesus antique site: Enter through the Magnesia Gate and begin a slow, downhill walk with your guide into the ruins of this Roman provincial capital. Your route takes you past the Odeum, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The Theater had seating for 25,000, was the site where St. Paul preached to the Ephesians, and is used today for a local spring festival.
Temple of Artemis: The temple of Artemision is known as one of the Seven Wonders of the Antic world. It has been built in the areas of Ephesus on a flat area which has over the centuries turned into a swamp.
House of Virgin Mary: House of Virgin Mary, one of the most sacred places for Christianity, is located near Ephesus. Some believe the Virgin Mary had spent her last days in the vicinity of Ephesus.
Isabey Mosque: Isa Bey Mosque is one of the most delicate examples of Seljukian architecture, situated below the basilica of Saint John. The mosque was built by the master Syrian architecture Ali son of Mushimish al -Damishki, between the years of 1374 and 1375.
Sirince Village; which was the Greek village and well know with its beauty and the 2012 that most famouse people were there.
At the end of the tour around approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred to Izmir airport for your late evening return flight around 7:00 – 8:45 pm (1-hour flight duration) to Istanbul. END OF OUR SERVICE and TOURS.
Important Note: Upon arrival at the Istanbul airport you will have to arrange your own pick-up transfer from airport to your hotel in Istanbul. This transfer is not included as part of your package tour services with us.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
• Pick up from Hotel to Istanbul Airport (on the European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port
• Round-trip flights from Istanbul to Izmir
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tour
• Lunch (Vegetarian lunch option available upon request).
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Car park, Gasoline, Highway & Bridge Fees
• Local taxes and service charges
• Drop off from Istanbul Airport to Hotel
• This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stop included in the tour
• The normal arrival time in Istanbul is between 8:00 – 9:00 pm. If you are planning on reserving your plane back home that same day, we recommend you book a plane ticket from 11:30 pm onwards, to avoid missing your flight.
WHEN TO BOOK?
• Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
• You can book up to 2 days before (Istanbul local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.