2-Day Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul
Experience the amazing region of Cappadocia, its breathtakingly surreal lunar landscape, and thousands of carved caves. Accommodation at the cave hotel and breakfast and lunch meals are included.
Select total number of rooms required and travel date below for pricing:
Click on the tabs below to learn more!
2 Days Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul by Plane
Day 1: Fly to Kayseri/Nevsehir from Istanbul, Full Day North Cappadocia Tour
You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul around 4:30 am and will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir between 6:00 – 7:30 am. Upon arrival at Kayseri or Nevsehir airport, you will be picked up and transferred to Cappadocia. In Cappadocia, you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your full-day tour of North Cappadocia. On the tour today, you will visit the Devrent Valley, Pasabag Monk’s Valley, drive-through city of Avanos, Goreme Open-Air Museum and Uchisar Castle. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Cappadocia for check-in.
- Overnight in Cappadocia
- Included Meal(s): Lunch
Day 2: Full Day South Cappadocia Tour, Fly to Istanbul
After breakfast at approximately 9:30 am, you will be picked up from your hotel to begin the full-day tour of South Cappadocia. On the tour today, you will visit the Red Valley, Cavusin Village, Pigeon Valley, and Kaymakli Underground City. At the end of the tour around approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred to Kayseri or Nevsehir airport for your late evening return flight between 7:00 – 10:00 pm (flight duration is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes) to Istanbul. END OF OUR SERVICE and TOURS.
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
- Please note that your return flight from Kayseri / Nevsehir to Istanbul will arrive at either the New Airport in Istanbul or at the Sabiha Gökçen Airport depending on the availability of flights on the ticket purchase date.
- Upon arrival at Istanbul airport, you will have to arrange your own pick-up service from Istanbul airport to your hotel in Istanbul. This transfer is not included as part of your package tour services with us. Our service ends upon your flight arrival at Istanbul Airport.
- If you have a preference to return to a specific airport in Istanbul i.e. Sabiha Gokcen or Istanbul New Airport, you must request your choice of the airport in Istanbul by email prior to your tour booking. Any changes requested once your booking is confirmed will incur an additional cost.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Pick up from Istanbul hotel and transfer to Istanbul Airport (on the European side of Istanbul only)
- Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir and from Kayseri or Nevsehir to Istanbul only
- 1 night at the Holiday Cave Hotel OR Kismet Cave House OR Heaven Cave House in Cappadocia including breakfast
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch
- Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
- Local taxes and service charges
- Drop off transportation service from Istanbul New Airport OR Sabiha Gökçen Airport to Istanbul Hotel upon returning to Istanbul
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Any optional tours
- Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
- Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
- Travel insurance
WHAT TO BRING:
- Hiking shoes
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
- The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
- Please be advised that the order /sequence in which the daily tours occur within the above day-by-day package tour itinerary can be subject to change depending on the availability of domestic flight tickets per the itinerary, opening/closing of various historical sites, etc.
- Vegetarian lunch option available upon request
- The normal arrival time in Istanbul is between 8:00 – 10:00 pm. If you are planning on reserving your plane back home that same day, we recommend you book a plane ticket from 12:30 am onwards, to avoid missing your flight.
WHEN TO BOOK?
- Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
- You can book up to 2 days before (Istanbul local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last-minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.
Accommodation in below Hotels (or similar hotels depending on the vacancy at the time of booking):
In Cappadocia: Holiday Cave Hotel OR Asia Minor Hotel OR Kismet Cave House OR Heaven Cave House OR Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel
The quoted price of this tour covers accommodations in hotels as mentioned above or in similar quality hotels.
If you wish to include a higher quality hotel, we offer two options:
Option 1: We can upgrade your hotel at an additional cost. This cost will be added to the total tour price of the standard package tour.
Option 2: You can arrange your own accommodation on the tour as per your preference. We can offer a new package tour price without including cost of hotel accommodation. If Option 2 is preferred, all services as part of the package tour will be provided except for hotel accommodation.
Please let us know the option you prefer at the time the tour request is made so that we can price the tour accordingly. If no change in hotels is needed and you wish to proceed with the hotels highlighted in our package tour at the quoted tour price then you may book the tour directly online.
4 reviews for 2-Day Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul
What is the best time to visit Cappadocia?
The best times to visit the Cappadocia are April through June and September through November.
How do I get from Istanbul to Cappadocia?
Flights from Istanbul to Cappadocia only take a little over an hour. The large distance between these two cities tends to persuade many travelers to opt for a flight because it’s so fast in comparison to buses. Expect a direct flight from Istanbul to Kayseri to take around 70 to 80 minutes, and even when you factor in the time it takes to get to and from the airport at either end this is still considerably faster than the buses.
How should I dress to go to the Cappadocia?
In the summer, wear shorts, a t-shirt, and running shoes with a light jacket or sweater. In the winter, opt for jeans, good shoes (or even boots – it does snow at the Cappadocia!), and a long-sleeved shirt with a jacket or sweater.
What should I do in Cappadocia?
Here’s a list of things to do in Cappadocia:
- Kaymakli underground city
- Goreme Open Air Museum
- Pasabag (Monks Valley)
- Devrent Valley
- Uchisar Castle
- Pottery And Ceramics Shop In Avanos
- Stay in a Cave Hotel