Obtain your tour price in USD by selecting tour dates and specifics below:
2-Day Ephesus and Pamukkale Tour from Istanbul by Air
$338.00 per person
For those who have only a limited time to visit Ephesus and Pamukkale, this 2-day trip is a perfect choice. The tour includes return flights from Istanbul so there is no need to waste time on overnight buses. This 2-day Ephesus and Pamukkale tour from Istanbul is conducted over 2 days and you will be back in Istanbul on the evening of day 2.
2-Day Tour of Ephesus & Pamukkale, Departing from and Returning to Istanbul by Air
Start Location: Istanbul
End Location: Istanbul Airport
Offered: Every day
Day 1: Fly to Izmir from Istanbul – Ephesus Tour
You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul around 4:00 am and will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight from Istanbul to Izmir between 6:00 – 7:30 am. Upon arrival at Izmir airport, you will be picked up and transferred to Selçuk. In Selçuk, you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your full-day tour of Ephesus.
You will visit the ruins of Ephesus, the ancient Greek city that became an important centre of this time. Visit the Temple of Hadrian, Great Theater, and Trajan Fountain. After lunch, let’s visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last years. We will pass by the Temple of Artemis; there is little to see of this that was one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world. Afterwards, you will visit the Isa Bey Mosque. Next, you will be taken to the Sirince Village; which is an old Greek village and is well-know for its quaint beauty and wine tasting and production. Here you will have one hour free to explore on your own without a guide the different foods and wines of the area and visit various small traditional village shops. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Kusadasi for check-in.
- Overnight in Kusadasi
- Included Meal(s): Lunch
- Accommodation: Efe Boutique Hotel OR Neopol Hotel Deluxe OR Derici Hotel or similar (Standard quality)
Day 2: Pamukkale and Hierapolis Tour – Fly back to Istanbul
After breakfast around 8:00 am, you will be picked up from your Kusadasi hotel and taken to the meeting point in Selcuk where the full group will first meet. You will then begin the Pamukkale tour with a drive from Selcuk starting at 8:30 am to Pamukkale which will be around 3 hours. En route to Pamukkale after 1.5 hours, there will be a 10-minute stop for a restroom break. Upon arrival around 11:45 am, the group will be first taken to have lunch and after lunch, at around 1:00 pm you will begin your guided tour of the Pamukkale and Hierapolis area with a professional licensed tour guide. In Pamukkale, you will see the Cotton Cliffs, one of the natural wonders of the world formed by deposits of calcareous salts. Also, you will visit the ancient ruins of the City of Hierapolis with its basilica, theatre, and Roman Baths. At the end of the guided tour, you will have some free time to explore the area on your own. As an option, you may choose to swim in the Pamukkale antique pools (at your own expense) during this free time. The tour guide will inform you about the exact meeting point and time. At the end of the tour around approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred to the Denizli or Izmir airport for a late evening flight back (between 7:00 – 10:00 pm) to Istanbul. END OF OUR SERVICE and TOURS.
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
- Accommodation: No accommodation is included on this day
- Please note that your return flight from Denizli / Izmir to Istanbul will arrive at either the New Airport in Istanbul or at the Sabiha Gökçen Airport depending on the availability of flights on the ticket purchase date.
- If you have a preference to return to a specific airport in Istanbul i.e. Sabiha Gokcen or Istanbul New Airport, you must request your choice of the airport in Istanbul by email prior to your tour booking. Any changes requested once your booking is confirmed will incur an additional cost.
- Upon arrival at Istanbul airport, you will have to arrange your own pick-up service from Istanbul airport to your hotel in Istanbul. This transfer is not included as part of your package tour services with us. Our service ends upon your flight arrival at Istanbul Airport.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Pick up from Istanbul hotel and transfer to Istanbul Airport (on the European side of Istanbul only).
- Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Izmir and from Denizli or Izmir to Istanbul only.
- 1 night in Kusadasi at a 4-star hotel including breakfast.
- Professional licensed English-speaking guide during the tours.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch.
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the program.
- Travel insurance (recommended).
- Drop off transportation service from Istanbul New Airport OR Sabiha Gökçen Airport to Istanbul Hotel upon returning to Istanbul.
- Services not mentioned in the program.
- Optional tours mentioned in the program, they will be provided at an additional cost.
- Drinks with meals.
- Travel insurance (recommended).
- The order of the itinerary is indicative and subject to change, but all visits described will take place.
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour.
- The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour.
- Your return to Istanbul can be in the late evening and can be estimated between 7 – 10 pm. We will confirm this time based on the tickets bought after payment has been received.
- You can swim in the Antique pool in Pamukkale. However, please note that there is an extra charge that you will have to pay directly at your own expense before entry to the pools. This entrance fee to the pools is not covered as part of your tour. Please note that you must bring your own towel, swimsuit etc. if you need to use the pools.
WHEN TO BOOK?
- Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
- You can book up to 2 days before (Istanbul local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before the start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last-minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.
Accommodation in below Hotels (or similar hotels depending on the vacancy at the time of booking):
In Kusadasi: Derici Hotel OR Efe Boutique Hotel OR Neopol Hotel Deluxe OR Carina Hotel
The quoted price of this tour covers accommodations in hotels as mentioned above or in similar quality hotels.
If you wish to include a higher quality hotel, we offer two options:
Option 1: We can upgrade your hotel at an additional cost. This cost will be added to the total tour price of the standard package tour.
Option 2: You can arrange your own accommodation on the tour as per your preference. We can offer a new package tour price without including the cost of hotel accommodation. If Option 2 is preferred, all services as part of the package tour will be provided except for hotel accommodation.
Please let us know the option you prefer at the time the tour request is made so that we can price the tour accordingly. If no change in hotels is needed and you wish to proceed with the hotels highlighted in our package tour at the quoted tour price then you may book the tour directly online.
Suzanne A –
I just wanted to express my heartfelt gratitude for the excellent tours I recently enjoyed in Ephesus and Pamukkale. They were fun, well paced, informative and my guides where thoroughly professional. Recommend to anyone.
Luiz Nakaie –
Thank you very much for the trip.. everything was perfect.. really really worth it.. A very beutifull culture enriched with friendly and kind people.. We are very happy to choose one nation tour to be our guide!
Best regards for Nizam a hilarious, friendly and funny that make the trip even better saying every single detail of the history in a simple and compact way.. … And Gabriel for the friendly and good knowledge..
thank you very much!
we will recomend to our friends ( we already submited a 5 stars review on the site)
Robyn L –
Wonderful tour of Ephesus and Pamukkale! Tour tour guides (Nizam and Ayse) gave us a lot of useful information about the history and culture of those two places, and we got a lot of time to explore them on our own.
Joseph G –
Ephesus and Pamukkale are amazing places to visit. The tour run smoothly and close to schedule. The tour guides were friendly, nice and very informative.
Jatin K –
We had a tour of Ephesus and Pamukkale with our children from US. One Nation Travel arranged things very nicely And took good care of us. The Guide Nizam was very helpful and took good care of us.
Adrianne J –
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this trip. Ephesus was impressive, but Pamukkale, especially was amazing, even more extraordinary than we had hoped. The hotel for the overnight was very nice! Would definitely recommend this tour.
Vidya S –
I really really recommend this trip to everyone! We had such a lovely time visiting both Ephesus and Pamukkale. Beautiful sites! The Derici hotel in Kusadasi is spectacular I wish we could have stayed another day! Both our guides were very knowledgable about these two places and they made sure we stopped to take pictures of the beautiful landscapes. Very good experience will always try to book through onenationtravel.com in future….
Canute M –
1)I took the 2 day Ephesus and Pamukkale tour by Flight from Istanbul. It went on perfectly as planned. There was a representative waiting for me at Izmir airport on my arrival who promptly transferred me via a bus to a location where I met our guide for the day. There were 6 of us for that tour including me. The guide explained intricate details about the various place all throughout the tour adding a bit of humor in between which was fun. There was not much crowd to the places we went, also the weather was bright and sunny with clear skies which was apt for taking ideal Photos which may end up being facebook profile pics , ha ha .There was an advertising shop which we went during the tour which was regarding Cosmetics (Olive oil etc ) and Sweets which I believe its upto us if we need to buy stuff or not.
2)For the second day, I was picked up from the Hotel in Kusadesi (Derici hotel) and we headed towards Pamukkale after picking up everyone from their individual hotels (It did not take much time ). There were 9 of us. Once we reached Pamukkale we explored the places like Hierapolis and the Travertines which again was explained in detail by the guide. the amphitheatre at Hierapolis is far more nice than the one at Ephesus even thought its 1/3rd its size. There was an advertising promotion shop which we visited about exotic stones and a leather jacket store, which I feel again its upto us if we need to buy anything. Its just cool to watch and stroll by if you are not buying anything.
3) The good thing about this tour which I took was that I did not have to worry about anything. The communication with regards to the tour is constant through email and whats app. Also there were less crowds everywhere since I believe I went during the offseason in November, the tour group was small too (below 10 people) on both the Ephesus and the Pamukkale tour. And the most important thing was that it was reasonably priced and value for money as compared to the others tour operators which I noticed while checking the prices on tripadvisor and the websites before booking the tour.For me being a solo traveler, I will definitely recommend this tour whether its for family or for anyone who was travelling alone like me. Kudos to the One Nation Team !
Udaya S. –
The best travel agency in Turkey I ever had the pleasure to do business with. I highly recommend this agency.
Saswati R. –
The highlight of the trip was the seamless coordination with Can Berber. I was met at the airport by the designated people, though there was some amount of waiting involved before being transferred. I guess that is expected in a group tour.
Nirmal M. –
We had a great two day program with One Nation Tour, and our tour guide Nizam may it very special! Would definitely use them again. Thank you!